La Marzocco – Automatic – GB5 2 Group
Many consider La Marzocco’s espresso machines to be the very best in the coffee industry. They have pioneered much of the technology out there, and also created some of the most iconic designs. They have achieved the impressive feat of being known for reliability and quality, all while leading the charge on the newest features for baristas to use in the pursuit of that perfect extraction.
La Marzocco’s most recognisable design may be the clean contemporary lines of the La Marzocco Linea but in the GB5, they offer something more nostalgic for the lovers of vintage aesthetics. Equally iconic in its looks, the GB5 is no less impressive in its engineering. In fact, it is much more comparable to the newer Linea PB.
It was one of the first commercial espresso machines to fully exploit on board CPU control. It also features dual PID systems and insulated boilers, providing unrivalled temperature stability. This ensures a high level of consistency during even the busiest rushes.
South African coffee lovers may recognise the GB5 as the machine found in every Woolworths café across the country. This should speak volumes about the consistency and capacity of these machines, given the amount of people those cafés serve.
La Marzocco GB5 AV vs. EE
The La Marzocco GB5 comes in two models – the AV (Automatic Volumetric) and the EE (semi-automatic). The AV offers software-driven, highly accurate volumetric brewing, for consistency in high volume environments. The EE operates via a manual push button – your barista starts and stops the shot when they choose.
For more information download a PDF here.
For pricing and stock availability on this item please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
La Marzocco GB5 Espresso Machine features
- Comes in automatic (AV) and semi-automatic (EE) versions
- Saturated brewing groups
- Separate insulated brewing and steaming boilers
- Dual PID brewing and steaming temperature controllers
- Hot water economiser (set waterspout temperature)
- 2.5cm extra cup clearance for tall cups
- Automatic back flush programme
- Digital display for temperature, shot timers
- Intuitive programming interface simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters
- Comes with stainless steel portafilters and precision baskets